Saturday, December 28, 2013

My opinion on time zones

They are weird.  Necessary, I know.  But they're so... wide.  And they don't even come close to following the lines of longitude they technically should.  But I kind of like them, too.  I know it sounds really nerdy, but I think they're kind of interesting.
Also, their weirdness just gave me bragging rights.  We were in the car on the way back from a restaurant with my grandma.  We're in the same time zone, but because New York is in the Eastern portion of the time zone and where I live is really close to the next time zone West.  So, since it gets dark so much later she made a comment about that.  It's really a long story, but we were arguing about where our time zone ended and the next began.  I said it was an hour drive and everyone else said half an hour.
Guess who was right.  Guess who.  *jumps excitedly and points to self*
Yeah... I'm getting waaay too excited about this.  But my mom owes me a dollar.

A time zone map, because there is no other way to make this post less confusing.

A QUICK UPDATE:  About that dollar..... yeah, my mom no longer owes it to me because about a half hour after I posted this I almost dropped my stocking hanger.  I caught it on the way down, but it still smashed against the fireplace and part of the hat on the snowman chipped off.  It can be glued but my mom said the deal was off. >.<

5 comments:

  1. Hi McKenna, I really like your blog and I was planning on maybe making a post with links to other blogs. Possibly this one? Check out my page and leave me a comment maybe! http://tangledupinteenageblue.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, great to know! :D I'm pretty new to blogging so I'm always looking for more readers; I'll definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time zones are always so confusing for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know!! Uh, awkward question, but, how do you get a picture to come up next to your comments instead of the orange and white B? I have a profile pic but it's not coming up on my comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, never mind, for whatever reason it just took a long time to show up.

      Delete