Friday, December 27, 2013

Good morning, everyone. I have earned Angel status for today.

It wasn't even 9:00 am yet when my morning started by the phone ringing, and my mom yelling to me from the bathroom, "McKenna!  Wake up and get the phone, it's your aunt!  Everyone else is busy." 
So I kind of stumbled out of bed thinking, Great.  My brain is still foggy, I feel terrible (I actually did get the flu), and I sound terrible.  Also, I really didn't want to talk to my aunt because she's one of those people where you can never get a word in, and when you do she just presses what she said first back on you or contradicts you, or says something else that turns into a mostly one-sided hour long conversation.
Long story short, I wasn't prepared.  She said to me, "I had a bunch of meetings today but they all got cancelled, and if you guys want to do something with the rest of the family today we're available.  Tell your mom that."  Then my mom got out of the bathroom.  I happily walked up to her.
"My mom just got out of the bathroom if you want to talk to her."
My mom started looking really angry and shaking her head.  I swear my aunt has x-ray vision, too, because she said, "Oh, I'm not sure I'd want to bother her.  Does she look mad?"
I glanced at my mom, who was glaring at me.  "No.  I'll just tell her what you said then.  Bye."
So my mom just walked away.  But guess what?  I can do no wrong in the eyes of my mom for the rest of the day.  I helped her avoid talking to my aunt and probably, having to see her today, and I avoiding having her see my mom in a bad light.
It's gonna rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment